If you are responsible for the cleaning of a school, you have to have some good cleaning techniques up your sleeve. Cleaning schools is no easy task and it takes a lot of time and effort.
It’s not just about mopping floors or wiping down desks – there are lots of things that need attention when it comes to maintaining an organised environment for children to learn in.
Following these tips will help make this whole process go smoothly.
- Clean the chalkboard with a damp cloth and dry it off – If you want to clean the chalkboard, use a damp cloth to wipe away any dust and dirt. Then, dry it using a towel.
- Wipe down desks and chairs with a disinfectant wipe to remove germs – You can use a disinfectant wipe to clean the desks and chairs. This is a great way to keep your school clean, safe and bacteria-free.
- Sweep the floors, then mop them, to get rid of any dirt or dust that’s been missed – Sweep before mopping and let the water soak into the ground. Use a cleaning solution such as bleach to kill any germs left behind. Vacuum up any remaining dust using a vacuum cleaner.
- Spray air freshener in all rooms to give everything a fresh scent – Spray air fresheners in all of the classrooms after you have cleaned them and leave them smelling and feeling fresh.
- Vacuum carpets and mats for good measure – Vacuuming the school’s carpets and mats is important because they harbour bacteria and other germs that could cause illness. The best way to clean them is to use a steam cleaner, which kills 99.9% of germs. If you don’t have one, then just use a regular vacuum cleaner.
- Put out fresh supplies for the start of the school day trying to make sure that everything looks tidy before students arrive – The first thing you should do when starting the school day is to put out fresh supplies. This includes putting away all the books and papers from the previous day, cleaning up any messes, and making sure that the classroom is clean and organised.
- Dust baseboards, window sills, and light fixtures to keep them clean – Cleaning a school is important because it helps prevent germs from spreading throughout the building. If you want to keep students healthy, then you should dust all surfaces regularly. This includes windows, door frames, light fixtures, and baseboards.
- Open windows if it’s a nice day outside to let in some fresh air – If you want to keep the school clean, open the windows when it’s a nice day out. This way, you’ll be able to let in some fresh outdoor air, which will help you to stay healthy and keep the school fresher.
- Take a quick look around to make sure nothing has been misplaced or is out of place – When you finish cleaning a room, always check for anything that might need to be moved or placed back where it belongs. This includes books, papers, toys, and other items that may have fallen off the shelves during the cleaning process. If you find something that needs to be put away, do it immediately.
- Clean the staff room and teacher’s lounge at the end of the day, making sure to give everything a quick wipe down as you go – The staff room and teachers’ lounges should be cleaned daily. Make sure to clean all surfaces, tables, chairs, etc. Also, make sure to wash any equipment used for teaching such as chalkboards, whiteboards, computers, etc.
- Sweep the floor one last time before locking up for your day – If you want to check whether you need to sweep the floor one last time before locking the door in case you have made any messes while doing other cleaning duties, if you work smartly then you will probably leave this job until last anyway.
- Take out any trash that needs to be thrown away – After completing all of the cleaning duties at the school, you should be prepared to throw away any trash from the bins as well as anything that has been used during the cleaning process. This includes paper towels, toilet tissue, garbage bags, etc. If you do not dispose of these items properly, they could become a potential hazard, especially if any have had chemicals used on them.
These are just a few quick steps to take to make sure the school environment is up to standards and ready for students each day! If you have any questions or would like some help with your facilities, call us at Gemco Cleaning Services – we’d be happy to lend a hand.